Ayurveda is the world’s oldest and most sophisticated system of natural medicine. Maharishi Ayurveda is a systematic revival of this science, with comprehensive knowledge for prevention and treatment of disease and slowing of the aging process.
This conference will highlight the latest findings showing the correspondence of Maharishi Ayurveda with quantum physics and the latest correlations with modern physiology. Participants will learn how to apply these principles and technologies in their everyday clinical practices.
Need for a New Approach
Healthcare is everywhere in crisis. Recent trends indicate the pressing need for new approaches to promote health for the individual and society. These trends include:
- High prevalence of chronic diseases: approximately 100 million Americans, over 40% of adults, suffer from chronic conditions.
- Side-effects of modern medicine: adverse reactions to properly prescribed drugs cause over 100,000 deaths annually, the 4th leading cause of death.
- Lack of a systematic and effective approach to prevention: financial priorities favor treatment of serious and end-stage disease rather than primary prevention.
- Healthcare costs rising at the fastest rate in history: total healthcare spending is currently $2.3 trillion annually, or 16 percent of the gross domestic product (GDP), rising at twice the national rate of inflation.
What is Maharishi Ayurveda?
- Ayurveda—recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a sophisticated system of natural medicine—is the oldest continuously practiced system of medicine.
- Maharishi Ayurveda is a modern revival of this ancient system, in accord with the ancient classical texts.
- Maharishi Ayurveda is a holistic system of healthcare that includes mental, physical, behavioral, and environmental approaches. The Transcendental Meditation program is a central aspect of Maharishi Ayurveda’s mental approach to creating health.
- The goal of these approaches is to enliven the body’s inner intelligence, understood in Maharishi Ayurveda to be the basis of all physiological self-repair, healing mechanisms. Latest scientific advances describe this fundamental level of the body's functioning in terms of unified field theories of quantum physics.
- Extensive clinical experience, as well as over 600 scientific research studies, have demonstrated the effectiveness of the Transcendental Meditation program and Maharishi Ayurveda modalities in the treatment and prevention of disease and the promotion of ideal health.
- The National Institutes of Health has funded over $24 million for research on the Transcendental Meditation program in the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should have:
Back to top
- Familiarity with the peer-reviewed published research on Maharishi Ayurveda and the Transcendental Meditation program.
- Understanding of the role of Maharishi Ayurveda in the treatment and prevention of chronic disease.
- Ability to apply fundamental aspects of Maharishi Ayurveda in their clinical practice.
- Ability to apply practical protocols for prevention and treatment of common disorders seen in primary care practice.
- Familiarity with a comprehensive mind-body-environment approach to treating cardiovascular disorders.